11.30.2008

On a Music Tip

A few things I'm really into right now:

1. My beautiful friend Brian Marsh's blog musings on pop culture and music (I'm always enlightened by his musical insight)
- Beezo Blue http://beezospureandsimple.blogspot.com

2. I'm still on a Little Dragon high. Here's a track on their upcoming release. Animation by Hideyuki Katsumata.


Little Dragon - Fortune


3. Kuduro, kuduro, kuduro, kuduro!!!!

info:
- Afrofunk Music Forum
- GHETTO BASSQUAKE
- mad decent radio's podcast along w/a breakdown of the genre
- Wikipedia info

But let's just watch the dancers shall we?


Kuduro Dj leo Fox os melhores da cidade Karangejo, Marlon


Luis vc Marlon


kuduro Patricia Rossana Karangejo e Marlon putos q dão carga (found via Little Dragon's myspace)


I totally regret missing Diplo when he last passed through SF. He puts on these booty beats I love so much. If anyone knows any local SF, or East Bay, parties that get down like this, please tell me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn, that was good! Consider me an instant fan of kusduro & Little Dragon.

caramimi said...

I don't know why, but kuduro reminds me of rap/hip-hop and the street dancing (breakdancing, popping, locking, etc) when I first discovered it as a kid. So raw with feeling. Love it!

Anonymous said...

Check out DJ Chief Boima's parties, one of the Ghetto Bassquake writers:

http://chiefboima.com/2008/12/13/the-highlife-december-20th/

caramimi said...

gracias -- i will def check this out!