8.20.2008

self service


Guinevere van Seenus x Chloe Sevigny



Stopped by Aardvark Books today and discovered this hefty fashion tome, Self Service magazine. Apparently it's been around for a while, but I've been in fashion book/mag hiding since I burn a hole in my wallet quite easily in a bookstore. I avoid temptation at all costs, and have yet to put the library on my weekly route.

I lucked out and found an older issue for only $10.... not bad. It was a choice between the Chloe Sevigny issue (see pic above), or the one I chose which focused on the players behind the scenes in the fashion and design scene. I do love me some Chloe, but really didn't need 20+ pages devoted to her. Although she does share my affinity for grey cardigans. Yes, even my mixed up style needs a basic piece to anchor it in.

The hardbound issue I picked up did not disappoint. Excellent interviews, great fashion editorial photograhed by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin, and I loved, loved, looooooved the interspersing of 80's & 90's ads mixed in with candid/personal pics of fashion folks. Ok, must devour this from cover to cover.

2 comments:

santos. said...

i just canna think of chloe without thinking "brown bunny." EEEEEK. but yeah, grey cardies, all the way.

caramimi said...

i can't think of brown bunny w/out thinking of vince gallo. ugh!