I've been seriously hooked on this radish beet salad. It's so yummy, crunchy, toothsome, tart and satisfying. So simple and easy, you can put this together in minutes.
Radish & Beet Salad
- raw beets (I used golden here) sliced thin, thin, thin
- radishes sliced thin
- radish greens (the tops)
- roasted plain almonds, lightly crushed to manageable pieces
- fresh cilantro minced, to taste
- salt & pepper, to taste
- apple cider vinegar, a good sprinkle
- extra virgin olive oil, just a drizzle
The secret to this salad's success is massaging the salt, pepper and vinegar into the vegetables with your hands -- just under a minute will do. This helps soften up the beets, and allows some of the vegetable juices to co-mingle with the vinegar. Add the almonds, with a drizzle of the olive oil, and you're ready to enjoy! Btw, I used a mandoline to get the beet slices paper thin, but you can use a vegetable peeler as a good substitute.
A few variations you might add: romaine lettuce, raw kale leaves, mint, thinly sliced apple or pear, cabbage.