2.26.2011

3.1 Phillip Lim FW 2011

I haven't blogged about fashion in a while, but since watching the 2011 FW New York season --coupled with a long overdue creative streak-- my interest in sharing my style thoughts have resurfaced.

I've never paid much attention to designer Phillip Lim, but his recent collection really knocked my socks off. I'm in this performance sportswear meets vintage knits meets menswear phase, and Lim's FW 2011 collection kind of touched on many of these notes, but in a different way. The fact that I'm trying to acquire a bike again this year, and the designer stating this collection was inspired by such women-on-bikes, I'm all the more charmed.






This is a good example of my vintage knits/menswear/performance sportswear mixing. Not that it is exactly that, but the feeling is there. Hard and soft redefined.


I absolutely love how the baseball t-shirt is re-interpreted.




This color-mixing turns me on.




I'm obsessed with this look: the model's slicked back just-got-out-of-the-shower hair, roomy green shirt-dress simply accessorized with a fleshy leather shoe. I love these shoes! There's something about that 80's style high-cut vamp that is very sexy to me --revealing more with less.



The sleeve detailing on this dress is both gorgeous and dangerous-looking --kind of armor-like even. Note the very cool french-manicured nails with navy tipping over natural. I'll have to try this on my next trip to the nail salon.



All photos: Marcio Madeira/firstVIEW via Vogue.com

No comments: